“As someone who benefited from the exposure to Cuba’s medical system, I would like to give back to Jamaica; I would like to use the knowledge that I have gained in Cuba to implement some of the programmes than can be implemented, especially the system of primary health care.”
- judith wedderburn: Hi Norman, Many thanks for this excellent summary and analysis of the findings of the CCJ in the...
- Calvin G. Brown: This decision of the CCJ has made the struggles of all who have fought for the creation of a...
- Gavin Fridell: Thanks for this extremely thoughtful commentary as always. I found this particularly interesting as in...
- Chanzo Greenidge: Great review. Hope you are well. I believe the post-Depression divergences Moya Pons describes are...
- Norman Girvan: Thank you so much, James, for this thoughtful comment, and also for the Spanish version as well. At...
- A Global Crisis and the Caribbean
- Bauxite, natural resources and MNCs
- Caribbean Integration
- Caribbean Thought and Thinkers
- CARIFORUM-EC Economic Partnership Agreement – EPA
- Culture and Development
- Grenadian Revolution
- Pan-Africanism and the Diaspora
Wendy Campbell is past Head Girl at Garvey Maceo High School in Jamaica and a final-year medical student in Cuba. In this article she speaks of her experience in Cuba over the past six years.
Get Email Updates
- EPAS and Asymmetrical Integration: Caribbean Tale
- The Weekly 1804CaribVoices Newsletter, Vol. 1, No. 41
- The worm turns; the world changes
- Statement on the Guyana-Venzeuela Border Controversy
- 1804CaribVoices Weekly Vol. 1, No. 39, 2013
- Constructing the Greater Caribbean (SALISES Keynote Address)
- New life in the Revised Treaty
- Forward Ever–Killing the Grenadian Revolution: A Review
- Reinventing the CSME
- Passing of Saul Landau
- ALAI - Latin America In Movement
- Caribbean Movement for Civil Empowerment - Caribbean integration through civil empowerment
- Caribbean Philosophical Association - Multi-disciplinary, multi-linguistic organisation to foster an intellectual community representative of the diversity of experiences of the Caribbean
- Cuba News - News and Information about Cuba Today
- Cuba-L - Daily news and analysis on Cuba
- IDEAs Network - A South-based forum for heterodox thinking and experiences in development
- Jasmine Thomas-Girvan - Jewellery designs and pieces by Jasmine Thomas-Girvan
- Pambazuka News - Pan-African Voices for Freedom and Justice
- PAPDA - Haitian Platform for Development Alternatives
- Repeating Islands - News and commentary on Caribbean culture, literature, and the arts
- South Centre - ‘Think Tank’ of the South
- Third World Network - Global Crisis, Trade and Finance reviewed by the leading Southern NGO
- Trinidad and Tobago Review - Monthly review of Caribbean affairs of the Lloyd Best Institute of the West Indies
- Walter Rodney Foundation - Working to advance education, health and development by promoting human rights, social justice and sustainable development.
- World Forum for Alternatives - International network supporting convergence of social movements and the globalization of resistance.
Add new tag ALBA Barack Obama Caribbean Development Caribbean Governance Caribbean Integration Caribbean Politics Caribbean Thought Caricom Caricom Governance Cariforum Cariforum-EC EPA Cariforum-EU EPA Civil Society Crime and Drug Trafficking CSME Cuba Cuban Internationalism Cuban Revolution Environment EPA EPAs EU Gender and Caribbean Development Global Financial Crisis Governance Haiti Haitian earthquake Haitian relief Honduras Coup IMF Intra-Caribbean Migration Jamaican economy Jamaican politics Libyan conflict Manuel Zelaya NATO Race in Cuba Race Relations Sustainable Development U.S.-Cuba Relations U.S.-Latin American Relations Venezuela Western Imperialism Western Intervention